In this episode, Cheryl and JP McAvoy discuss:
- His work with clients such as Elon Musk in developing growth and exit strategies.
- The importance of building a successful launch ramp at the outset of a start up’s creation.
- The value of creating a separate holding company for the brand’s intellectual property assets.
- How to create a company that becomes legacy.
- Structure the company for growth and future investments such as shareholding.
- Consider intellectual property and licensing opportunities as assets for valuation.
- Start the conversation with your attorney early on in the planning phase.
- Implement a will or trust so ownership shares don’t end up in probate court.
“The sooner you start planning what the exit looks like, the better the likelihood of it being successful.” — JP McAvoy
Connect with JP McAvoy:
Book: The Billionaire’s Lawyer
Free Resource: https://www.conductlaw.com/
Connect with Cheryl Hodgson:
Text PODCAST to (415) 212-9757 to receive notifications when new episodes are available. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Message frequency varies per user.